This course offers, for those who already have some basic knowledge of woodcut, an opportunity to learn and develop practices that will expand their expressive possibilities within the woodblock printing technique.
Aiming to increase students' technical capacity to pursue their creative goals, this course will provide students with the tools that allow them to deepen and expand their knowledge and skills within woodcuts. To this end, the course is divided into three main topics that cover processes that have multiple applications, allowing the student a greater number of possible paths. These topics are as follows:
- Tones and textures:
a. Line control practices
b. Development of tone scales to create gradations of light and dark
c. Exploration of textures and their possible relationships with the creation of tones
- Use of multiple blocks and colors:
a. Presentation of ways to use multiple blocks and colors to create a multicolor print
b. Creation of registration forms for printing a series that uses multiple blocks (matrix) and colors
c. Exploration of the expressive possibilities of the non-inked area of the block (white space) as texture and volume in the print
- Using a printing press:
a. Presentation of the characteristics and uses of printing presses.
b. Adjustment and maintenance of the printing press.
c. Exploration of papers suitable for printing presses.
In this course, the presentation and practice of techniques will be aligned with the stimulation and personal assistance of the individual projects that will be developed by each student, seeking to explore the best way to apply what has been learned in their personal development.
- Age Group: Individuals aged 15 and above
- Participation Requirements: This course is dedicated to those who have a basic knowledge (of woodcut or other relief printmaking techniques such as linocut) and seek to expand and deepen their knowledge and skills in this technique.
- Language of Instruction: English
- Course Materials: A material fee of €20.00 per person is to be paid directly in the course.
zurück zur Kursübersicht